Dallas Police Chase Ends in Deadly Wreck
A high-speed pursuit in Dallas reached speeds over 100 mph before ending in a deadly collision on the city’s Southeast Side.
Details of the Fatal Dallas Police Chase
According to News 4 SA, the chase started around 1 am Wednesday when police attempted to pull over a vehicle. The driver took off and attempted to evade the police.
Police began pursuit, chasing the vehicle through Southeast Dallas before it crashed into a sedan at the intersection of S. Great Trinity Forest Way and Wadsworth Drive.
The driver of the sedan was killed in the collision. Three juvenile girls that were also in the sedan were transported to the hospital. Their condition was not immediately available.
The driver and passenger of the car evading police were also hospitalized.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Injured in a Crash? Contact an Experienced Dallas Car Accident Attorney
If you have been injured in a car accident in Dallas, call Thomas J. Henry Law to speak with an attorney. We have the knowledge and resources to handle your claim effectively. Our firm has built a reputation for securing record-breaking verdicts for our clients.
We are available 24/7, nights and weekends. Call now for your FREE case review.