Johnson & Johnson Settles Levaquin Lawsuits
Johnson & Johnson has recently settled 845 lawsuits against them claiming that the drugmaker did not properly inform drug users of the tendon damage linked with the drug Levaquin.
J&J Did Not Adequately Warn About Tendon Damage
A recent Bloomberg article states that 845 plaintiffs have reached settlements with Johnson & Johnson concerning an antibiotic that users say led to tendon damage. More specifically, plaintiffs are claiming that the company did not adequately warn drug users that Levaquin was associated with an increased risk of tendon damage in elderly patients. The preliminary agreements should be completed in the upcoming weeks; however, the terms are being kept confidential.
Other Lawsuits Concerning Levaquin
- Johnson & Johnson is currently battling close to 3,400 state and federal lawsuits surrounding its drug Levaquin.
- Johnson & Johnson lost one case in 2010 with a verdict of $1.8 million.
Information About Levaquin
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) provides the following facts:
- Levaquin is used to treat certain infections caused by bacteria.
- Tendon rupturing and swelling are listed as the main side effects of the drug.
- The drug may also lead to increased muscle weakness and breathing problems.
- Whether or not it is safe to use the drug on children under 6 months of age is unknown.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of drug and product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division have extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. The Defective Drug and Products Division represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of medical devices and/ or defective pharmaceuticals.
If you or a loved one have been injured by or have developed serious side-effects from the use of defective medications or pharmaceuticals, contact Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.