Darlington County 18-Wheeler Bursts Through Home
South Carolina officials from Darlington County reported a 18-wheeler truck crashing through a the walls of a home Wednesday morning.
About the Unexpected Darlington Home Crash
The Highway Patrol Master Trooper, Brian Lee, recounted details from the incident that occurred around 8 to 9 in the morning.
Lee believes the 18-wheeler driver was headed towards Florence from Darlington when the driver unexpectedly lost control and ran off the U.S. 52 Palmetto Road and into someone’s home.
This incident is still under current investigation. It is unknown at this time whether or not anyone was injured in the crash.
Trucking Accident Statistics
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2017:
- More than 11 million large trucks were registered in the United States
- An estimated 433,000 police-reported traffic crashes occurred involving large trucks
- 4,761 people were killed in crashes involving large trucks
- Large trucks accounted for nine percent of all vehicles involved in fatal accidents
- Of the fatalities that occurred in large truck crashes in 2017, 82 percent were occupants of other vehicles or non-occupants, such as pedestrians or bicyclists
- About one out of every four fatal crashes involving a large truck occurs on an interstate highway
- States with the most fatalities in traffic crashes involving large trucks:
- Texas — 649
- California — 361
- Florida — 292
- Georgia — 214
- Pennsylvania — 167
Injured in a Truck Accident? Contact Thomas J. Henry
If you or a loved one have suffered a serious injury after being involved in an 18-wheeler accident, contact Thomas J. Henry immediately. Our experienced commercial trucking injury attorneys are available to respond to semi-truck accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. We will take immediate action on your case.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Remember, your choice does matter. Contact us today for a free legal consultation. Attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends.