Driver Accused of Killing Three in Austin Crash Takes Plea Deal
Details of the Austin Drunk Driving Crash
According to CBS Austin, Guy Brasted was intoxicated when crashed into another car on northbound Highway 183 near MoPac back in November 2017. The collision resulted in the deaths of Nancy and Scott Latulippe and their 14-year-old son Jackson. The couple’s 10-year-old daughter survived the crash.
Brasted was charged with intoxication manslaughter and, after entering into a plea agreement with the Travis County District Attorney’s Office, is scheduled to be sentenced on October 25. Details of the plea deal were not released.
The jury trial was set to start this week, but will be no longer be necessary.
Steps to Take After an Austin Car Accident
Car crashes can be disorienting and confusing, but there are a few important steps to take to protect your health and your potential injury claim.
- Immediately after a wreck, especially if you or someone else is injured, call 911 and ask for an ambulance.
- If a law enforcement officer arrives at the crash scene, be sure to give give as many facts about the circumstances of the crash as possible.
- It is incredibly important to file an accident report after your accident. If an officer did not respond to the wreck, call soon after to file a crash report.
- Seek medical attention as soon as you can, even if you do not feel immediate pain following the accident.
- Once the shock of the crash wears off, you may start to feel pain in places that you didn’t at the scene. Some injuries have hidden symptoms, so it’s important to get a check up from your primary care physician or at an urgent care medical facility.
- If possible, take pictures of the accident scene, including your vehicle, the other party’s vehicle, your injuries, and any other environmental factors that may have played a role in the wreck.
Above all, you and your loved ones’ health is paramount. If you believe that you suffered an injury during the accident, seek out medical attention as soon as possible. After taking care of your well-being, contact an Austin car accident lawyer to discuss your case with. At Thomas J. Henry, we provide free case reviews and our lawyers are available 24/7, nights and weekends to assist you.
Contact an Experienced Austin Auto Accident Injury Attorney
Have you or a loved one been injured in a car crash in Austin? Our experienced car accident attorneys in Austin are available 24/7 to take your call and provide you with a free legal consultation. Thomas J. Henry has a track record of achieving real result for clients suffering from serious and debilitating injuries. Let our team of attorneys help you navigate the legal process while you focus on healing. Call today to speak with an attorney, or fill out the contact form on this page and we will contact you.