Fatal Accident Closes Interstate 635 in Dallas
Details on the Fatal Dallas Accident
- Although the cause of the crash is unclear at this time, the truck was found hanging over the concrete wall separating west and eastbound traffic lanes and two cars were crushed by the front and the back of the vehicle.
- According to NBCDFW, the Dallas County Medical Examiner’s Office has confirmed that Tarleton and Benna Mullikin, ages 83 and 82, were killed in the crash.
- Fortunately one person was freed from the wreckage under the “jaws of life.”
- The driver of the truck is currently recovering in the hospital.
LBJ Express Project Tarnishes its Clean Safety Record
- The LBJ Express Project has been ongoing construction since the Spring of 2011 and plans to open in December of 2013.
- The Project, according to a statement made to NBC in Dallas Fort Worth, states that it has an impeccable safety record.
- According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, there were 264 dump truck caused fatalities in 2009 on Texas roads, 8.2 percent of all large truck crashes.
- Drivers of other motor vehicles in multiple-vehicle crashes involving large trucks had a 69.9 percent fatality rate compared to the 5.4 percent fatality rate of large truck drivers.
Contact an Experienced Commercial Vehicle Accident Attorney
Thomas J. Henry have handled a multitude of commercial vehicle accidents over the past two decades and continue to handle many of the largest 18-wheeler accident cases throughout the United States. We represent clients/victims all over the country.
Whether the company is small or large, our success is not an accident; it is because we understand how commercial vehicle companies operate. If you or someone you love has been injured in a commercial vehicle accident, contact our offices – we are available 24/7, nights and weekends.