Fatal Accident on Hwy 20 Near Sedro-Woolley, Wash.
KIRO News 7 is reporting a fatal accident involving two vehicles on Highway 20 just outside of Sedro-Woolley, Wash.
Details of the Fatal Accident
- The accident happened at approximately 5:10 a.m. on Friday morning near Hamilton Cemetery Rd. on Hwy 20 just east of Sedro-Woolley.
- Three victims were airlifted to area hospitals with life-threatening injuries; one victim later died.
- A total of three people were killed in the accident. One fatality has been identified as a 23-year-old woman. A description of the other victims is not yet known.
- Initial reports say four occupants were in one vehicle and one driver in the other. Multiple people were trapped for a period of time after the accident.
Washington Car Crash Facts
The Washington Traffic Safety Commission provides the following facts and figures about motor vehicle accidents in the state in 2012.
- There were 99,650 total collisions which resulted in 438 fatalities and 45,393 injuries.
- On average, a crash occurred every 5 minutes. Every 20 hours someone was killed.
- Motorcyclists accounted for 82 traffic-related fatalities and 404 traffic-related serious injuries.
Do you really want to end conversation?