Fiery Truck Accident Leads to Lane Closures in Mesquite
Several lanes of Interstate 635 were closed in Mesquite Thursday morning following a fiery crash involving a tractor-trailer.
Details of the Mesquite Trucking Accident
According to CBS-DFW, the crash happened around 6:45 am near Town East Boulevard. Police say a tractor-trailer crashed, overturned, and caught fire. Within minutes, the tractor-trailer had exploded, sending a huge fireball into the air.
Details of the number of people injured in the accident are unclear, and the cause of the crash was not reported.
All northbound lanes of 635 were closed near Town East Boulevard, along with two southbound lanes of 635.
The accident remains under investigation.
Texas Truck Accident Statistics
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) recorded 438,000 trucking accidents in the U.S. in 2014.
- These accidents result in 3,903 deaths and 111,000 injuries.
- Of those killed in trucking accidents:
- 17 percent were occupants of large trucks
- 73 percent were occupants of other vehicles
- 10 percent were listed as nonoccupants, including bicyclists and pedestrians
- Texas led the nation in trucking accident fatalities with 553 trucking-related deaths reported. California followed Texas with 300 recorded deaths.
Injured in a Trucking Accident? Contact Thomas J. Henry Law
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident in Dallas, call Thomas J. Henry Law now for a FREE case review. Our attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends to help you with your claim.
Call now to speak with a truck accident attorney in Dallas.