Three people were hospitalized Sunday following a truck accident on the Dallas North Tollway.
Details of the Dallas Trucking Accident
According to NBC-DFW, the crash occurred Sunday after a tractor-trailer crashed into a crash attenuator on the tollway near Interstate 635 just before noon Sunday. Police suspect the driver lost control of the vehicle prior to the accident
The fuel tank of the truck burst into flames, causing the rest of the vehicle to catch of fire. The driver and two passengers were able to escape the fire but did sustain injuries in the crash.
The southbound lanes of the Dallas North Tollway were closed as crews cleared the road of debris, remove any remaining diesel from the scene, and move the jack-knifed truck of the roadway.
The accident remains under investigation.
Texas Truck Accident Statistics
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) recorded 438,000 trucking accidents in the U.S. in 2014.
- These accidents result in 3,903 deaths and 111,000 injuries.
- Of those killed in trucking accidents:
- 17 percent were occupants of large trucks
- 73 percent were occupants of other vehicles
- 10 percent were listed as nonoccupants, including bicyclists and pedestrians
- Texas led the nation in trucking accident fatalities with 553 trucking-related deaths reported. California followed Texas with 300 recorded deaths.
A Truck Accident Attorney in Dallas Who is Ready to Fight for You
At Thomas J. Henry Law, we understand how difficult it is to work when you have been severely injured by a semi-truck or other commercial vehicle. That is why we can advance your court costs and litigation expenses. We can also advance money for living and medical expenses. You spend nothing and you pay no attorney’s fees unless we win your case. We do this because we have the confidence that comes with experience.
With a team of more than 200 experienced attorneys, you can rest assured that your claim is always being actively pursued. You worry about getting better, let our attorneys and dedicated support staff handled the rest.
Thomas J. Henry Law serves clients across Texas and nationwide from its offices in San Antonio, Corpus Christi, and Austin. Each office is fully staffed with the attorneys, staff, and legal resources necessary to ensure your case is handled aggressively and effectively. Should you have any questions about your legal options, call or visit one of our Texas law offices to discuss your claim. We are available 24/7, and initial consultations are always FREE!