Toyota Fuel Pump Failure and Engine Stallings Causes 1.5 Toyota Recall
According to ABC News, Toyota will be recalling more than one million cars sold in the United States due to engine defects.
About the Lexus and Toyota Fuel Pump Recall
A total of 1.5 million cars from the U.S. have recalled for potential engine stalls and fuel pump failures. The recall covers both Toyota and Lexus models, from 2013 to 2020. At least 40 models are affected.
An official statement from Toyota states that failures defective fuel pumps can then lead to stalled engines and possibly increase chances for a crash. The Toyota and Lexus fuel pump recalls have been an ongoing issue since January 2020.
Toyota fuel pumps can be replaced for free at participating Toyota and Lexus dealerships.
List of Affected Models
- 2019-2020 RAV4
- 2013-2015 Lexus LS 460 and GS 350
- 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser and Lexus IS-F
- 2014-2015 Toyota 4Runner and Land Cruiser
- 2014-2015 Lexus GX 460, IS 350, LX 570
- 2015 Lexus NX 200t and RC 350
- 2017 Lexus IS 200t, RC 200t and GS 200t
- 2017-2019 Toyota Highlander and Lexus GS 350
- 2017-2020 Toyota Sienna and Lexus RX 350
- 2018-2019 Toyota 4Runner, Land Cruiser, Lexus GS 300, GX 460, IS 300, IS 350, LS 500h, LX 570, NX 300, RC 300, RC 350;
- 2018-2020 Toyota Avalon, Camry, Corolla, Sequoia, Tacoma, Tundra and Lexus ES 350, LC 500, LC 500h, LS 500, RX 350L
- 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback and Lexus UX 200
What to Do When Your Defective Vehicle Resulted in Injury
Drivers have enough to worry about while traversing the roadways on a daily basis. When a person gets behind the wheel of a car, there is a reasonable expectation that the car is going to perform in a matter that would not put the operator’s life in jeopardy. Unfortunately, there are hundreds of vehicle recalls each year due to manufacturer defects, from the tires to the ignition switches, that can cause catastrophic injuries and in some cases death. If you or a loved one have been injured due to a defective part in a vehicle, contact Thomas J. Henry.
Our experienced defective vehicle lawyers have handled a multitude of injury claims caused by recalled vehicles. We continue to handle cases involving faulty and dangerous GM ignition switches and Takata airbags. Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, and Dallas serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free legal consultation — our attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends.