Interstate 35 Temporarily Closed Near Round Rock After Trucking Accident
Northbound lanes of Interstate 35 were temporarily closed near Round Rock Thursday morning after an 18-wheeler jackknifed and crashed.
Details of the Round Rock Trucking Accident
According to KXAN, the crash occurred overnight on I-35 near Ranch to Market Road 620. Crews worked overnight to clear the scene with the 18-wheeler being towed away around 7:15 am.
TxDOT reported that they had pre-treated parts of the interstate prior to the crash, but the location where the accident occurred, between Georgetown and Jarrell, was not among the areas treated.
Officials continue to advise residents to avoid traveling if possible. Prolonged freezing temperatures in the area have resulted in icy roads and snow; however, warmer weather is expected this weekend which should provide for safer conditions.
Texas Truck Accident Statistics
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) recorded 438,000 trucking accidents in the U.S. in 2014.
- These accidents result in 3,903 deaths and 111,000 injuries.
- Of those killed in trucking accidents:
- 17 percent were occupants of large trucks
- 73 percent were occupants of other vehicles
- 10 percent were listed as nonoccupants, including bicyclists and pedestrians
- Texas led the nation in trucking accident fatalities with 553 trucking-related deaths reported. California followed Texas with 300 recorded deaths.
Have You Been Hit by a Large Truck? Call an Austin Truck Accident Attorney Now
If you have been involved in a crash with a semi-truck, call Thomas J. Henry. In trucking accident cases, time is of the essence to collect evidence, determine who is at fault for your injuries, and start the legal process. Our Austin trucking accident lawyers will take immediate action on your case.
Call now to speak with an experienced truck accident attorney in Austin or fill out the contact form on this page and a lawyer will reach out to you. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends to assist you and your family and offer FREE case consolations. Start your road to recovery today.
Our Austin, Texas Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone Number: (512) 520-0221 (attorneys available 24/7, nights and weekends)
- Address: 5707 Southwest Pkwy, Suite 125 Building 2, Austin, Texas 78735 (walk-in Monday through Friday)