Man Arrested for Dallas DWI After Crash, 2 Injured
Dallas police have arrested a man for a suspected drunk driving accident that left two people hospitalized.
Details of the Dallas Drunk Driving Crash
According to FOX 4 News, the crash occurred around 12:30 am Sunday. Police say the driver of a black Nissan Altima ran a red light at the intersection of Dallas Parkway and Belt Line Road and collided with an SUV.
Two people were transported to the hospital with unspecified injuries. Their conditions were not available.
The driver of the Altima was arrested for DWI. Their identity was not released.
The accident remains under investigation.
Texas Drunk Driving Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths reported in 2016 were attributed to a head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 264,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Injured in a Dallas Crash? Call an Experienced Car Accident Attorney
If you have been injured in a car accident in Dallas, contact the experienced injury attorneys at Thomas J. Henry Law. Our attorneys will take immediate action on your case, putting you in the best position to secure maximum compensation for your damages.
Our law firm works on a contingency fee which means you don’t pay us unless and until we win your case. Call now for your free case consultation. Our Dallas car accident attorneys are available 24/7 to assist you.