Man Dead in Auto-Pedestrian Hit-and-Run
A man was killed Sunday night in a pedestrian accident in Dallas, Texas.
Details of the Fatal Dallas Pedestrian Hit-and-Run
According to NBC-DFW, the crash occurred around 10:55 pm on Keist Boulevard near Boulder Drive.
Police say a man in his 30s attempted to cross Keist when he was struck by a vehicle. The driver did not stop after hitting the pedestrian.
A passerby called the police after witnessing the crash.
The victim was rushed to an area hospital by Dallas Fire-Rescue where he was pronounced dead.
Authorities are still investigating the hit-and-run.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Use sidewalks whenever they’re available. If there’s no sidewalk, walk on the left side of the road facing traffic.
- Always cross at intersections or marked crosswalks. Look left, then right, then left again before proceeding.
- Make eye contact with drivers before crossing the street. Never assume a driver sees you.
- Be visible. Wear something light or reflective after dark.
- Don’t be distracted by devices that take your eyes and ears off the road.
- As a passenger, get in or out of a vehicle on the curbside of the street.
Hit by a Car or Truck? Contact Our Team of Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
If you or a loved one were hurt after being struck by an automobile, you may be entitled to compensation. Our team of experienced Texas pedestrian injury lawyers is available 24/7, nights and weekends to evaluate your claim. We will help you recover the maximum amount of compensation and bring the negligent driver to justice. In addition, you won’t pay a thing unless we win your case. Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys has a track record of achieving record-breaking verdicts, settlements, and judgments for clients.
Extensive legal and financial resources allow our attorneys to put you in the best position possible to recover the damages you deserve. Contact us today for a free case review. Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin, serving clients across Texas and nationwide.