Man Involved in Fatal Kingsville Hit-and-Run Turns Himself In
The driver of a pickup that was involved in a fatal hit-and-run in Kingsville last month has turned himself in to police.
Details of the Deadly Kingsville Crash
KRIS-TV reports the crash occurred on September 28 when a trailer detached from a pickup on US-77 near E. Corral Avenue. The trailer crossed the median and struck a Ford F-150, causing the vehicle to lose control and roll several times.
46-year-old Jonathan Limas was ejected from the vehicle and was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the truck, now identified as a 26-year-old man from Brownsville, left the scene of the crash.
Police reported Monday that the driver who left the scene had turned himself in but did not release the driver’s name. No arrests have been made, and the accident remains under investigation.
Kingsville PD added that leaving the scene of an accident involving death or serious injury is a third-degree felony punishable to 2 to 10 years in prison.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Contact an Experienced Corpus Christi Injury Lawyer
If you or a loved one have been injured in a hit-and-run crash in or around Corpus Christi, Texas, call Thomas J. Henry Law. Our experienced Corpus Christi car accident lawyers have the experience and resources to handle your claim with the tenacity you deserve. We offer FREE case consultations and work on a contingency fee basis which means you pay us nothing unless and until we win your case.
Our Corpus Christi Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 361-254-7873(attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 521 Starr Street, Corpus Christi, Texas 78401 (walk-in Monday through Friday)