About the Crash
According to Austin Travis County EMS (ATCEMS), the accident took place at Ross Road and Pearce Lane in Austin, Texas. The crew responded to the incident around 6:30 p.m. When they arrived, they found a motorcyclist has sustained life-threatening injuries after a collision.
The crew declared the patient a Trauma Alert and transported him to St. David’s South Austin Medical center. No other information was provided.
Motorcycle Traffic Safety Facts
The information below was taken from The National Highway Traffic Safety Association.
- In 2017, there were 5,172 motorcyclists killed—a decrease of 3 percent from the 5,337 motorcyclists killed in 2016.
- Per vehicle miles traveled in 2017, motorcyclist fatalities occurred nearly 27 times more frequently than passenger car occupant fatalities in traffic crashes.
- Twenty-nine percent of motorcycle riders involved in fatal crashes in 2017 were riding without valid motorcycle licenses.
- In 2017, motorcycle riders involved in fatal crashes were found to have the highest percentage of alcohol-impaired drivers than any other vehicle types (27% for motorcycles, 21% for passenger cars, 20% for light trucks, and 3% for large trucks).
- Forty-three percent of motorcycle riders who died in single-vehicle crashes in 2017 were alcohol impaired.
- Motorcycle riders killed in traffic crashes at night were three times more frequently alcohol-impaired than those killed during the day in 2017.
- In States without universal helmet laws, 57 percent of motorcyclists killed in 2017 were not wearing helmets, as compared to 8 percent in States with universal helmet laws.
Contact an Experienced Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Did you get into an accident while you were riding on your motorcycle? If you were seriously injured and you know that you did not have any fault in causing the accident, you should try to seek compensation. Thomas J. Henry Law would like to help you seek financial compensation from your injuries and the trauma you have experienced