The Craftsman gasoline chainsaws have been recalled due to the chainsaws leaking fuel. The fuel leakage poses a fire hazard.
Craftsman Gasoline Chainsaw Recall Information
According to the U.S Consumer Product Safety Commission about 19,500 units have been recalled.
The units were sold at Ace Hardware, Atwoods, Orchard Supply Hardware, Sears, online at OSH.com, and online at Sears.com from February 2016 through July 2016. Units were sold for between $160 and $280
The products were manufactured in China by Zhejiang Pioneer Machinery & Electron Co., Ltd., of China and imported and distributed by MTD Southwest Inc, of Temple, Ariz
Recalled units were manufactured between November 15, 2015 and June 7, 2016
Description of Craftsman Gasoline Chainsaw
- The recalled items are Craftsman-branded chainsaws powered by a two-cycle gasoline engine ranging from 42cc to 46cc and either a 16-inch, 18-inch, or 20-inch bar.
- The chainsaw’s housing is red and black with Craftsman printed on the side of the unit and on the bar.
- The recall model numbers are 41AY427S799 316.38070, 41AY429S799 316.38090, 41 AY462S799 316.38098, and 41AY469S799 316.38188. Serial numbers are 1K155XQ0198 through 1F076XQ0200.
- Model, serial numbers, and the manufacturer date are located on a white label above the rear handle.
- The second through fifth characters on the serial number identify the manufacturing date
- The second character is the month (e.g. A= January, B= February, C= March, etc.).
- The third and fourth characters are the day of the month.
- The fifth character is the last digit of the year of manufacture (e.g. B196= February 19, 2016).