Nestlé is recalling cold and hot water dispensers after it was noted that the product could overheat posing a fire hazard. Regulations composed by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) have subjected Nestlé Waters North America to a voluntary recall.
Water Dispenser Report
The water dispenser recall affects roughly 190 units. Complaints indicate that screw that hold the heat band can become detached and break. This causes the units to overheat posing a fire hazard.
The CPSC urges users to discontinue use of the dispensers and unplug them from electrical outlets. Fortunately, not deaths or injuries have been linked to the defect.
Water dispensers were sold and distributed to businesses and residential customers in Florida, Massachusetts, and New York with a water delivery contract. Customers that rent the water dispensers will be contacted directly by the company.
Nestlé Water Dispenser Information
- Water Dispensers are white and silver in color.
- Dispensers came in two sizes: three gallons or five gallons.
- The product measures about 38 inches tall by 13 inches wide.
- On the front of the units is The Nestlé Waters North America logo.
- Model numbers affected by the recall are: BW210EZ, BW210EZES
- Serial numbers affected are: LB15A12606, LB15A12620, LB15A12622, LB15A12631, LB15A12670, LB15A12687, LB15A12690, LB15A12762, LB15A12763, LB15A12848, LB15A12849, LB15A12870, LB15A12888