Police are investigating a fatal single-vehicle accident that left one person dead and several others hospitalized.
Details of the Clay County Crash
According to KAUZ, the accident occurred Sunday on Highway 287 between Bellevue and Henrietta.
Authorities say a vehicle lost control at a curve and rolled over several times with the vehicle’s occupants, two adults and three minors, all being ejected. One of the occupants, Mack Henry Lafaele, 34, was pronounced dead at the scene.
All of the other occupants were taken to United Regional Hospital. Two of the minors were treated and released, one remains hospitalized in stable condition, and the other adult suffered a minor injury.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Thomas J. Henry Law, Representing Victims of Car Accidents Across Texas
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident, call Thomas J. Henry Law. We offer FREE case consultation to all car accident victims and work only on a contingency fee basis. This means you pay us nothing unless and until we win your case.
Our Texas car accident attorneys have represented thousands of clients injured in car accidents, and we have the experience and resources necessary to successfully handle your claim. Attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends to assist you. Call now.