One person is dead following an 18-wheeler accident on Austin’s Southwest side
Details of the Austin 18-Wheeler Accident
According to CBS Austin, the crash occurred February 1 at around 2:10 am in the 7200 block of East Ben White Boulevard. Preliminary reports say an 18-wheeler was stopped on the should of the westbound lanes when it was rear-ended by a 2009 Infinity EX35.
Both the 18-wheeler and the Infinity caught fire following the accident with the driver of the Infinity being pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the 18-wheeler was not injured in the accident.
The accident remains under investigation and anyone with information regarding the crash is asked to call Austin Police Department’s Vehicle Homicide Unite at 512-974-6935
Texas 18-Wheeler Accident Statistics
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2017:
- More than 11 million large trucks were registered in the United States
- An estimated 433,000 police-reported traffic crashes occurred involving large trucks
- 4,761 people were killed in crashes involving large trucks
- Large trucks accounted for nine percent of all vehicles involved in fatal accidents
- Of the fatalities that occurred in large truck crashes in 2017, 82 percent were occupants of other vehicles or non-occupants, such as pedestrians or bicyclists
- About one out of every four fatal crashes involving a large truck occurs on an interstate highway
- States with the most fatalities in traffic crashes involving large trucks:
- Texas — 649
- California — 361
- Florida — 292
- Georgia — 214
- Pennsylvania — 167
Have You Been Hit by a Large Truck? Call an Austin 18-Wheeler Accident Attorney Now
If you have been involved in a crash with a semi-truck, call Thomas J. Henry. In trucking accident cases, time is of the essence to collect evidence, determine who is at fault for your injuries, and start the legal process. Our Austin 18-wheeler accident lawyers will take immediate action on your case.
Call now to speak with an experienced truck accident attorney in Austin or fill out the contact form on this page and a lawyer will reach out to you. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends to assist you and your family and offer FREE case consolations. Start your road to recovery today.
Our Austin, Texas Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone Number: (512) 520-0221 (attorneys available 24/7, nights and weekends)
- Address: 5707 Southwest Pkwy, Suite 125 Building 2, Austin, Texas 78735 (walk-in Monday through Friday)