One Dead, One Injured in Collin County Crash
One person was killed and another was injured Friday morning as a result of a head-on collision in Collin County.
Details of the Collin County Crash
According to NBC DFW, the crash occurred along Texas 78 near Business 78 around 8 am.
Nevada, Josephine, Farmersville, and Wylie firefighters all responded to the scene to help Collin County paramedics, and a medical helicopter was dispatched to the scene.
Authorities have confirmed one death in the crash.
Traffic was closed in both directions as the scene was investigated.
Texas Traffic Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,531 traffic-related fatalities were recorded in Texas in 2015. This marked little charge from the 3,536 deaths recorded in 2014.
- An additional 246,335 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2015 with 17,011 people suffering serious injuries.
- Based on reportable crash data for 2015, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident in Texas every 2 hours and 29 minutes.
- One person was injured every 2 minutes and 8 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 61 seconds.