One Dead, One Injured in East Side San Antonio Car Accident
One man suffered fatal injuries while a woman was left hospitalized following a vehicle crash on the city’s East Side late Thursday night.
- According to KSAT, the crash happened around 9:15 p.m. in the 940 block of Frost Bank Center Drive, not far from Interstate 35 and Gembler Road.
- A man and a woman in their 20s were traveling at a high rate of speed when they lost control of their vehicle and jumped a curb and crashed into a utility pole.
- The driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
- Police said the female passenger was taken by ambulance to an area hospital, where at last check, she was listed in “stable” condition.
- The San Antonio Police Department, the San Antonio Fire Department and EMS all responded to the call.
- The investigation into the crash is ongoing.
Ensuring safe driving is imperative to prevent accidents and protect yourself, passengers, and fellow road users. The following key practices are crucial for maintaining safety behind the wheel:
- Phone Management: Keep your phone out of sight and reach while driving. Refrain from texting, calling, or engaging in any phone-related activities that divert your attention from the road. If an urgent call arises, use a hands-free device.
- In-car Concentration: Reduce distractions within the vehicle by avoiding actions like eating, adjusting the radio, or reaching for items in the backseat while driving. Adjust mirrors, seats, and climate controls before embarking on your journey.
- Mental Engagement: Sustain mental focus on driving by avoiding daydreaming or getting lost in thought. Keep your mind fully immersed in the task of operating your vehicle safely.
Adopt Defensive Driving Practices:
- Situational Awareness: Continuously survey the road ahead and utilize mirrors to stay informed about surrounding traffic. Anticipate potential hazards and be prepared to react accordingly.
- Maintain a Safe Following Distance: Ensure a secure gap between your vehicle and the one in front, aiming for a three-second following distance. Increase it in adverse weather conditions such as rain, fog, or snow.
- Adherence to Traffic Rules: Observe speed limits, adhere to traffic signals and signs, and consistently use turn signals to clearly communicate your intentions to other road users. Avoid aggressive driving behaviors such as tailgating, cutting off other drivers, or weaving between lanes.
Contact an Experienced Vehicle Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in a motor vehicle collision, don’t hesitate to call Thomas J. Henry. Our team of experienced auto accident lawyers is well-equipped to handle a wide range of injury accidents, regardless of their severity. If the accident resulted from another driver’s negligence, you may be eligible for compensation for your losses. Our personal injury law firm boasts highly skilled attorneys and substantial financial resources, ensuring that you receive the rightful outcomes you deserve.
With offices conveniently located in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, and Houston, we proudly serve clients throughout Texas and across the nation. Contact us today to request a complimentary case evaluation. Our attorneys are accessible around the clock, including nights and weekends. If you find it challenging to visit our office, rest assured that we can arrange to meet you at your residence, in the hospital, or at your workplace.