Police are investigating a fatal car crash in Fort Worth, Texas that left one person dead Wednesday.
Details of the Fort Worth Head-On Collision
NBC-DFW reports the fatal crash in Fort Worth occurred at the intersection of Blue Mond Road and Chaplin Drive shortly after 2:30 am.
Police did not disclose how the crash occurred but did say it involved a passenger vehicle and a tractor-trailer. At least one victim was found to be unresponsive in their vehicle. They were later pronounced dead.
Fort Worth Fire Department and MedStar personnel also responded to the scene.
The crash remains under investigation.
Texas Car Crash Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,623 people were killed in crashes on Texas roadways in 2019. This marked a slight decrease from the 3,656 deaths reported in 2018.
- 735 people were killed in crashes that occurred at or in relation to an intersection.
- An additional 256,797 people were injured in crashes in Texas with 15,855 people sustaining serious injuries.
- Based on crash data for 2019:
- A traffic death occurred in Texas every 2 hours and 25 minutes.
- A traffic injury occurred every 2 minutes and 3 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 56 seconds.
Injured in a Car Crash in Dallas? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car crash in Dallas, call Thomas J. Henry Law. Our attorneys have represented car accident victims across Texas for nearly 30 years. We have secure record-breaking verdicts and settlements for our clients and built a reputation as a firm that gets results.
Our attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends, and have the experience and resources to handle your case in a manner you deserve. Further, because we work on a contingency fee basis, you pay our Fort Worth car accident lawyers nothing unless and until we win your case. Call now for your free case consultation with a Dallas car accident lawyer.