Polaris Issues Recall for Indian Motorcycles
According to StarTribune, Polaris Industries has issued a recall of 23,746 Indian motorcycles due to possible fuel-leak problems that increase fire risk.
About the Recall of Polaris Indian Motorcycles
- The problem was found during an internal review of all product systems following problems in past years.
- The concern is over the possibility that the fuel rail could reposition, touch other opponents, chafe, and result in a fuel leak.
- The fuel leak could lead to fire.
- No injuries have been reported.
Remedies for Owners of Indian Motorcycles
- Polaris has told the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration that its dealers will fix the problem for Indian motorcycle customers free of charge.
- The company will install a special bracket to restrict movement of the fuel rail.
- The company began notifying dealers and customers in December.