Six Hospitalized After Car Crashes into Texas Roadhouse Restaurant
Six people were transported to the hospital Thursday after a vehicle barreled into a Texas Roadhouse on Indianapolis’ south side.
Police Investigate the Indianapolis Accident
According to WISH-TV, the crash occurred at a Texas Roadhouse located in the 4300 block of Southport Crossings Drive in south Indianapolis.
Early reports suggest the driver intended to hit the brake but hit the accelerator instead. The vehicle crashed through the outer wall of the restaurant and drove three to four feet inside the building.
Six people were transported to area hospitals following the accident. Fortunately, none of the injuries are considered life-threatening.
The building was closed for the evening following the crash. Authorities are still investigating the incident but said drugs and alcohol are not considered a factor in the crash.
National Auto Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the National Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- 35,092 people were killed in traffic accidents in 2015. This marks a 7.2-percent increase from the 32,744 deaths reported in 2014.
- Of those killed in auto accidents in 2015:
- 22,441 were occupants of passenger vehicles
- 5,376 were pedestrians
- 4,976 were motorcyclists (operators and passengers)
- 818 were pedalcyclists
- 667 were occupants of large trucks
- 227 were listed as other or as unknown
- An additional 2,443,000 people were injured in auto accidents in 2015.