Spicewood Trucking Accident Kills One, Injures Another
One person is dead and at least one other is injured following a trucking accident in Spicewood, Texas.
Details of the Spicewood Trucking Accident
According to KXAN, a Texas man was killed in an accident the past Thursday, June 11. The accident involved an 18-wheeler and a truck on the State Highway 71 within Spicewood. Another victim involved was transported to a local hospital via emergency services helicopter.
The wreck happened in the early afternoon around 2:45 p.m., according to Austin-Travis County emergency responders. A witness reported that one victim was trapped in a car at the time of collision.
The Pedernales Fire Department arrived on the scene to attempt to save the trapped victim along with the other injured person. A man in his 40’s was declared dead at the scene while another man in his 50’s was sent away to the hospital with critical injuries.
No one else was announced injured, and State Highway 71 was quickly reopened.
Texas Trucking Accident Statistics
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2016:
- 11.5 million large trucks were registered in the United States
- An estimated 433,000 police-reported traffic crashes occurred involving large trucks
- 4,317 people were killed in crashes involving large trucks
- Large trucks accounted for eight percent of all vehicles involved in fatal accidents
- An estimated 116,000 people sustained injuries in crashes involving large trucks
- Of the fatalities that occurred in large truck crashes in 2015, 84 percent were occupants of other vehicles or non-occupants, such as pedestrians or bicyclists
- About one out of every four fatal crashes involving a large truck occurs on an interstate highway
- States with the most fatalities in traffic crashes involving large trucks:
- Texas — 556
- California — 322
- Florida — 293
- Georgia — 179
- Illinois – 146
Injured in a Trucking Accident? Contact Thomas J. Henry
If you or a loved one have suffered a serious injury after being involved in an 18-wheeler accident, contact Thomas J. Henry immediately. Our experienced commercial trucking injury attorneys are available to respond to semi-truck accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. We will take immediate action on your case.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Remember, your choice does matter. Contact us today for a free legal consultation. Attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends.