Toddler Critically Injured After Drunk Driver Slams in 18-Wheeler
A San Antonio man was arrested Sunday after crashing into an 18-wheeler on I-35. Police say the man was intoxicated when the crash occurred.
Details of the San Antonio Drunk Driving Crash
According to KWTX, the collision occurred on Sunday, August 28 at around 6:50 am.
Police say 21-year-old Isaiha Robinson was driving a Ford 150 when he crashed into the back of a tractor-trailer on Interstate 35. A 2-year-old in Robinson’s vehicle was critically injured after being partially ejected from the vehicle.
Robinson was determined to be intoxicated at the time of the crash and was also found to be in violation of various other laws.
He is charged with driving while intoxicated, possession of a controlled substance, manufacture or delivery of a controlled substance, felony intoxication assault, and abandoning or endangering a child.
Texas Drunk Driving Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,896 people were killed in Texas crashes in 2020, marking a 7.54% increase from the 3,623 deaths reported in 2019.
- 865 of the traffic deaths reported in 2020 were the result of crashes that occurred at or in relation to an intersection.
- 958 people were killed in crashes involving a driver that was under the influence of alcohol.
- An additional 205,498 people were injured in crashes in 2020 with 14,656 people suffering a serious injury.
- Based on reportable crash data for the year:
- One person was killed in a car crash every 2 hours 15 minutes
- One person was injured in a car crash every 2 minutes 34 seconds
- A reportable crash occurred every 1 minute 7 seconds
Contact an Experienced Drunk Driving Lawyer
While your insurance company may be more than willing to help you after your automobile accident, you should remember that although insurance companies will provide some type of financial support, they may not always give you what you deserve. There are many times when a drunk driver has no insurance and you, the victim, are left without a way to pay for your injuries. Even if the negligent driver does have insurance, you may not get enough money to pay for your medical treatment and other expenses.
Our experienced team of injury and DUI accident attorneys will make sure you get the compensation you deserve for the injuries you incurred from getting hit by a drunk driver in Texas. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends to provide you with a free case review. Contact Thomas J. Henry today if you were injured by a drunk driver.