Toddler Pronounced Dead 2 Days After Crash that Killed her Mother
A one-year-old girl was pronounced dead in South Carolina after sustaining injuries in a crash that killed her teenage mother.
About the Fatal Collision Crash
According to reports, the crash happened Wednesday near Spartanburg, South Carolina. Kurshay Jackson was driving with her 12-month-old daughter Dallas Jackson and her two younger siblings, ages 8 and 9, when her Toyota swerved across the center line and collided head-on with another vehicle heading north, troopers said.
Kurshay Jackson died at the scene of the crash, while her child and siblings were taken to a hospital with unknown conditions. Two days later, Dallas Jackson died from her injuries.
U.S. Fatal Car Accident Statistics
Information below compiled by SaferAmerica.com.
- In 2017, 40,327 people killed in U.S. motor vehicle collisions. In 2016, there were 34,439 police-reported fatal car accidents – a 5.8 percent increase from 2015.
- These fatal crashes led to 37,461 total fatalities, including 25,096 vehicle occupants, 5,286 motorcyclists, and 7,079 nonoccupants.
- 58 percent of police-reported fatal car accidents involved only one vehicle.
- In 2016, the deadliest 3-hour period was midnight to 3am on Saturdays, with 1,015 fatal crashes – closely followed by 6pm to 9pm on the same day with 1,001 crashes.
- 38 percent of all fatal car accidents began from a collision with another motor vehicle. The most common collision occurred at an angle.
- 40 percent of all fatal car accidents started by a collision with a fixed object (such as trees or street signs) or a noncollision (such as rollovers).
- In 2016, the most fatal car accidents happened in the summer months of June through September, peaking in the month of October with 3,249 fatal crashes.
Contact an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our experienced auto accident attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.