Train-Car Collision Shuts Down Roads in Southwest Round Rock
Just outside Austin, in Round Rock, Texas, an early morning collision between a vehicle and a train disrupted commuter traffic on January 22nd, 2024.
According to Fox7 news, a car and train collided early Monday morning, near McNeil Road and County Road 172 in southwest Round Rock. The crash occurred around 2:00 a.m., prompting Austin city police officers to urge drivers to seek alternate routes as the wreckage caused significant traffic delays.
Thankfully, no serious injuries were reported as a result of the incident. However, the roads remained closed for several hours while police investigated the cause of the crash.
7 Safety Tips to Avoid Railroad and Vehicle Collisions in Austin, Texas
1. Stop, Look, Listen: Always come to a complete stop at all railroad crossings. Look both ways for approaching trains and listen for warning bells or whistles, even if the crossing signals are not flashing.
2. Respect the Gates: Never drive around lowered crossing gates or attempt to cross tracks when they are down. Consider any time the gates are down as a train approaches.
3. Clear the Tracks: Never stop your vehicle on the tracks, even for a moment. If your car stalls, get out and move away from the tracks as quickly as possible.
4. Beware of Double Tracks: Look for multiple tracks. Trains can come from any direction, so ensure you’re clear before crossing.
5. Stay Alert: Avoid distractions like phone calls, texting, or eating while driving near railroad crossings. Pay full attention to the road and your surroundings.
6. Obey Signals: Always follow traffic signals and signs at crossings. Red lights and stop signs mean stop, not race the train.
7. Use Designated Crossings: Only cross tracks at designated crossings equipped with warning signals and gates. Trespassing on railroad tracks is illegal and extremely dangerous.
Contact an Experienced Austin Train and Railroad Accident Attorney
Have you or a loved one been injured in a railroad crash? Our experienced Austin railroad accident lawyers are available 24/7 to take your call and provide you with a free consultation. Thomas J. Henry has a track record of achieving real results for clients suffering from serious and debilitating railroad accident injuries and was selected as one of the 2021’s Best Car Accident Lawyers in Austin by Expertise.
Let our attorneys navigate the legal process and deal with the insurance companies so you can focus on getting better. Call today to speak with an attorney or fill out the contact form on this page and we will contact you.
Our Austin, Texas Personal Injury Law Offices:
- Phone Number: (512) 520-0221 (attorneys available 24/7, nights and weekends)
- Address: 4401 West Gate Blvd Suite 200, Austin, TX 78745 (walk-in Monday through Friday)