Two Dead in Fiery North San Antonio Crash
Two people are dead following a fiery crash between two vehicles on San Antonio’s North Side on Saturday afternoon.
Details of the Fatal Fiery Crash
KSAT reports the happened around 3:50 pm in the southbound lanes of Bulverde Road, near the 23200 block.
While the cause of the crash was unclear, deputies did say both vehicles caught on fire.
Both drivers were trapped in their vehicles and both were pronounced dead at the scene.
Traffic was diverted from the scene for hours as crews worked the collision. The crash remains under investigation.
Texas Car Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,623 people were killed in car accidents in Texas in 2019, a .09% decrease from 2018.
- 735 people were killed in crashes that occurred at or in relation to an intersection.
- 597 people were killed in head-on collisions.
- An additional 256,797 people were injured in car crashes in Texas with 15,855 people suffering serious injuries.
- Based on reportable data for 2019:
- 1 person was killed in a crash in Texas every 2 hours 25 minutes.
- 1 person was injured every 2 minutes 3 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 56 seconds.
Contact an Experienced Wrongful Death Attorney
If you have lost a loved one in a car accident, call Thomas J. Henry Law for your free case consultation. Our firm has represented clients throughout Texas for nearly 30 years. We have become the largest plaintiff’s firm in Texas and have built a reputation as being a firm that gets record-breaking results.
Do not risk you claim to compensation. Call now to speak with a wrongful death attorney near you.