Two Hospitalized After Head-On Collision in Calallen
Two people were rushed to the hospital Friday following a head-on collision in Calallen, Texas.
Details of the Calallen Car Accident
According KIII-TV, the crash occurred near the intersection of FM 624 and County Road 77 at around 1 pm. Two people were hospitalized but are expected to survive.
The events leading up to the collision are unclear, and the accident remains under investigation.
What to Do When There is an Oncoming Vehicle in Your Lane
When a driver drifts into your land, there are steps you can take to respond and avoid a head-on collision.
- Quickly slow your vehicle by stepping of the gas and applying the brakes
- Flash your headlights and honk your horn to warn the oncoming driver
- Steer to the right of the oncoming vehicle
- Try to steer into a clear area, like the shoulder of the road
- Drive off the road if necessary – even crashing into a ditch is better than a head-on crash
Texas Car Accident Statistics for 2019
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,610 people were killed in car accidents in Texas in 2019, marking a 1.15% decrease from the 3,652 deaths reported in 2018.
- 731 traffic deaths were related to crashes occurring at or near an intersection.
- 600 people were killed in head-on collisions.
- Another 256,338 people were injured in car accidents in Texas with 12,897 suffering serious injuries.
Injured in a Car Crash? Contact a Corpus Christi Car Accident Attorney
Thomas J. Henry Law has representing injured clients in Corpus Christi for more than 25 years. Our auto accident attorneys work diligently to build every case in a manner that best serves our clients and their financial recovery.
If you have been injured in a crash, call our Corpus Christi car accident lawyers for a FREE consultation. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends. Let us worry about the insurance companies and the adverse driver, you just focus on getting better.
Speak to a Corpus Christi car accident lawyer:
- Phone number: 361-254-7873 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 521 Starr Street, Corpus Christi, Texas 78401 (walk-in Monday through Friday)