Two pedestrians were killed Tuesday morning after being struck by a driver in Lewisville, Texas.
Details of the Fatal Lewisville Pedestrian Accident
According to NBC-DFW, the fatal crash occurred around 6:15 am at the intersection of Round Grove Road at Rockbrook Drive.
Police say the two pedestrians were crossing Round Grove when they were struck by a vehicle driven by a man in his 60s.
The driver stopped after the accident and stayed at the scene. Alcohol is not suspected to be a factor in the crash.
Police also said the two pedestrians lived in an apartment community near the scene, and witness reports suggest the victims may have been pushing a cart.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
Thousands of pedestrians are killed in traffic collisions every year. If you are a pedestrian, there are steps you can take to keep you and those walking with you safe.
- Use sidewalks. Use sidewalks when available. If there is no sidewalk, it is recommended that you walk facing road traffic as far left as possible.
- Be visible. Wearing light colors during the day and reflective materials at night will help you stand out. Also, consider carrying a flashlight at night or in particularly dark areas.
- Stay alert. Distracted drivers are a problem for pedestrians. Keep alert and avoid clothing that may reduce your visibility. Also, do not allow yourself to be distracted by your phone. Finally, make eye contact with drivers when crossing the street to get a sense of whether they see you.
- Cross streets at intersections and marked crosswalks. Do not cross mid-block unless there is a marked crosswalk. Even then, it is best to cross at intersections where drivers must adhere to traffic lights and stop signs.
- Look both ways. Do not cross the street without checking both directions for oncoming traffic. Look left, then right, and left again. Also, check for vehicles that may be turning onto the street you are crossing.
- Do disregard parked cars. Just because a car isn’t currently in motion, that does not meet that you do not need not pay attention to it. Drivers may begin to operate their vehicles without checking for oncoming pedestrians. They may also have limited visibility if they are backing up.
Speak to a Qualified Pedestrian Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one were injured in a pedestrian accident in or around Dallas, call Thomas J. Henry Law for immediate assistance.
Our attorneys have the experience and resources to pursue maximum compensation on your behalf. We have helped thousands of clients on their roads to recovery and are ready to help you.
Call now to speak with a licensed Dallas injury attorney about your case. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.