On November 15, Waldron Access Road eastbound was officially closed off to the public due to an accident.
About the Corpus Christi Road Closure
No new reports have been announced by KIII TV News who first announced the closure. The accident in question has not been fully revealed either.
Corpus Christi Police Department are investigating the area and asking drivers to use H-E-B parking for the time being. Slow, cautious driving is highly advised.
Official Corpus Christi Police Department Tweet
- Due to an accident, the eastbound access road from Waldron road will be shut down. Traffic is being diverted through the HEB parking lot. Please use caution if you are in the area and if possible use another route.
Texas Auto Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths reported in 2016 were attributed to head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 264,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Contact an Experienced Corpus Christi Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry to speak with an experienced car accident attorney in Corpus Christi. Our attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.