A woman was killed Tuesday night when her car was struck by a vehicle evading police after a traffic stop in Euless.
Drive Flees Police, Causes Fatal Crash in Fort Worth
According to NBC-DFW, the crash occurred just before midnight when Euless police attempted to pull over a Ford Focus on Farm-to-Market Road 157. Reports indicate the Focus had two different license plates, one of which was expired and did not match the vehicle.
The officer turned on his lights and siren as the Focus turned onto Trinity Boulevard, but the vehicle sped up instead of pulling over. The officer decided not to initiate a pursuit.
The officer slowed down but noticed a bright flash about a half-mile up the road. Upon arriving at the intersection to the intersection of Trinity Boulevard and Euless South Main Street in Forth Worth city limits, the office found the Focus had crashed into a Nissan Versa.
The driver of the Focus fled the scene on foot.
The woman driving the Versa was unresponsive and was later declared dead. A male passenger was trapped in the vehicle.
Texas Car Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,896 people were killed in Texas crashes in 2020, marking a 7.54% increase from the 3,623 deaths reported in 2019.
- 865 of the traffic deaths reported in 2020 were the result of crashes that occurred at or in relation to an intersection.
- 958 people were killed in crashes involving a driver that was under the influence of alcohol.
- An additional 205,498 people were injured in crashes in 2020 with 14,656 people suffering a serious injury.
- Based on reportable crash data for the year:
- One person was killed in a car crash every 2 hours 15 minutes
- One person was injured in a car crash every 2 minutes 34 seconds
- A reportable crash occurred every 1 minute 7 seconds
Contact an Experienced Dallas Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one is involved in a car crash, you deserve you have your rights protected. Working with a Dallas car accident attorney can help ensure you receive the justice and financial compensation you deserve. We can also help you hold the person responsible for your crash liable.
Call Thomas J. Henry Law today for a FREE Case Review.