Bark in the Park
Bark in the Park is a pet costume contest and expo benefiting Corpus Christi animal shelters PeeWee’s Pet Adoption, Gulf Coast Humane Society, Mission Pawsible, and Shelteramutt.
Bark in the Park started in Corpus Christi, Texas in 2012 as a fun, festive event bringing together pet owners, local pet businesses, pet rescue organizations, and no-kill pet shelters in an attempt to raise money and awareness for pet initiatives in the community. Every year we strive to provide a memorable experience to our contestants and guests so that we can continue to provide financial support to Bark in the Park beneficiaries in Corpus Christi.
The 11th Annual Thomas J. Henry Bark in the Park will feature family-friendly entertainment and activities including a kid’s zone, pet expo, adoption drive, and of course the main event- the Howl-o-Ween Pet Costume Contest for cash prizes! Bark in the Park is FREE to attend and is open to the public; however, a registration fee is required if you wish to participate in the Howl-o-Ween Pet Costume Contest.
- Date: October 8, 2022
- Time: 4pm-9pm
- Venue: Water’s Edge Park
- Address: 602 S Shoreline Blvd, Corpus Christi, TX 78401
- Pets must be registered to participate.
- Pets and owners must be on their appointed stage at the appointed time (as outlined in their registration cards).
- Judges’ decisions are final.
- Pets and their costumes will be judged on the following criteria: Creativity, Uniqueness, Humor, Behavior, and Charisma.
- Pets must be kept on a leash at ALL times or held.
- Pets must be registered and up to date on their vaccinations.
- The safety of all animals at the event is the responsibility of their owners.
- Pet owners will be responsible for any damage or harm caused to property, people, or other animals due to their own actions or the actions of their pets.
- Pet owners must clean up after their dogs. Bags will be provided.
- No aggressive pets or pets in heat.
- Costumes must be comfortable and safe for pets.
- Owners must wear their registration number and have it clearly visible to judges during the contest.
We look forward to seeing what our Bark in the Park 2022 contestants can come up with! If you have any questions, please feel free to email email@example.com.
This is a free event. The only cost associated is to enter a pet into the pet costume contest. Pre-event registration is available online for $7. Registration will also be available on-site for $10. Please visit bark.tjhlaw.com for event information and to register a pet in the costume contest.
There is no service charge for entry into the Pet Costume Contest and registration is available online or on-site at the event.
No. Pet Costume Contest and registration is available online or on-site at the event.
If you pre-register a pet for the Pet Costume Contest, simply print out your registration confirmation and bring it with you to the event.
For on-site registration for the Pet Costume Contest – cash only.
All times are approximate. Preliminary rounds will take place from approximately 4pm-8pm. Semi-finals and Finals rounds will take place on the Main Stage from approximately 8pm-9pm.
Gates open at 3pm. Event starts at 4pm.
There will be a variety of food sold by food trucks.
This will vary from vendor to vendor. The safest approach is to bring cash as we cannot guarantee credit or debit cards will be accepted.
The only prohibited items are alcohol, weapons, and outside food/drink (exception: water).
There will be first come, first served seating around the stage areas. You are encouraged to bring lawn chairs, blankets, or other seating as well.
Limited parking will be available at Water’s Edge Park and will be first come, first served. Additional parking will be available across S. Shoreline Blvd.
Per city code, smoking is allowed in designated areas only. There is no smoking in any of the restrooms, dressing rooms, or facilities.
Yes. There are also (at least) 2 handicap designated port-o-lets on site.
Yes, there are fixed bike racks at Water’s Edge Park. Neither the City nor the licensee is responsible for lost or stolen items.