Austin Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Serving Injured Motorcycle Accident Victims in Austin and Surrounding Communities
Thomas J. Henry Law has represented victims of motor vehicle accidents in Austin for more than 25 years, including those injured in motorcycle accidents.
If you need a local motorcycle accident attorney in Austin to fight for you and get you the compensation you deserve, our firm is available to you 24/7, at any time needed.
Contact Us for a Free Case Review
Motorcycle Accidents Claim Hundreds of Live in Texas Every Year
Fatal motorcycle accidents are common on the Texas roadways, and Austin is no exception when it comes to these types of crashes. In 2017, Texas surpassed 500 motorcyclist fatalities for the second year in a row. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), motorcyclists are 27 times more likely to be involved in fatal accidents than passenger car occupants.
Injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents tend to be severe in nature, often requiring surgeries as well as years of treatment and therapy. In addition to physical hardships, medical bills and time off of work can place financial burdens on you and your family. Let our Austin motorcycle accident attorneys assist you with the legal process and help you get back on your feet.
Austin Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The Austin Police Department has released the following data regarding motorcycle accident fatalities in 2017:
- Motorcyclists accounted for 15% of the total of 71 fatal crashes in Austin; this number is down from 16% in 2016
- Of all motorcycle fatalities, 3 (or 27%) victims were not wearing helmets, as compared with 5 (or 38%) in 2016
- Of all fatalities in 2017, 23 (or 30%) involved an alcohol-impaired driver, reduced from 25 (or 32%) in 2016.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), Texas ranks third in the nation for motorcyclist fatalities. Of these, an estimated one-third of motorcyclists killed in crashes are not licensed or are improperly licensed to operate a motorcycle. Motorcycle accidents tend to occur most frequently at busy intersections. The following are the top contributing factors for multiple-vehicle motorcycle accidents:
- Lack of experience with riding a motorcycle
- Failure to yield to the right of way
- Speeding or driving recklessly
- Distracted driving & not driving defensively
- Failure to remain visible at all times
- Many drivers involved in accidents with motorcycles claim to have not seen the motorcyclist coming
- Failure to yield to stop signs or stop lights
- Inclement weather creating dangerous road conditions
- Mechanical issues
- Accidents can be caused by defects in a motorcycle’s design; this could be the basis for a product liability case.
Most Dangerous Intersections for Motorcyclists in Austin
The top 5 most dangerous intersections in Austin, ranked by KXAN-TV in 2015 in terms of the most crashes, rates, and severity, are as follows. Drivers, particularly motorcyclists, should exercise extra caution when driving through these intersections:
- West Slaughter Lane & Manchaca Road (South Austin)
- Lamar Boulevard & Rundberg Lane (North Austin)
- Lamar Boulevard & Parmer Lane (North Austin)
- U.S. 183 Service Road & Cameron Road (Northeast Austin)
- I-35 Southbound Service Road & Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard (near Downtown)
Injuries Often Caused by Motorcycle Accidents
The most common motorcycle accident injuries include, but are not limited to:
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Neck injuries
- Spinal cord and back injuries
- Broken or fractured bones
- Road rash
- Eye injuries
Have You Been Injured in an Austin Motorcycle Accident? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, call Thomas J. Henry Law. In motorcycle accident cases, time is of the essence to collect evidence, determine who is at fault for your injuries, and start the legal process. Our Austin motorcycle accident lawyers will take immediate action on your case.
Speak to one of our experienced attorneys today for a free legal consultation, or fill out the contact form on this page and a lawyer will reach out to you. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends to assist you and your family. Start your road to recovery today.
Our Austin Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone Number: (512) 520-0221 (attorneys available 24/7, nights and weekends)
- Address: 5707 Southwest Pkwy, Suite 125 Building 2,Austin, Texas 78735 (walk-in Monday through Friday)