Car Accident Lawyer in Austin, TX
Car Crash Attorneys Serving Injured Clients in Austin and Surrounding Communities for 25 Years
The focus of our Austin car accident attorneys is to obtain the compensation that our severely injured clients deserve due to the dangerous and reckless actions of individuals or companies. Automobile accidents are stressful, painful, and overwhelming events that oftentimes have a serious impact on your daily life. Medical bills and lost wages from missing work can cause a significant strain on you and your loved ones. Let us help you recover what you deserve.
Let our team of more than 200 attorneys help you and your family get back on your feet. Thomas J. Henry has served car accident victims for more than 25 years, helping clients achieve the compensation they need and deserve. Call now for your FREE case review with an experienced Austin car accident lawyer.
Contact Us for a Free Case Review
Thousands of People are Injured in Car Accidents in Austin Every Year
In 2017 alone, there were 78 deaths caused by auto accidents in Austin, Texas. More than 4,000 other people were injured, hundreds of which suffered serious injuries. Unfortunately, drivers continue to drive distracted, drive drunk, and drive recklessly on Texas roadways, putting everyone in danger. They also may drive vehicles that are defective or may have been recalled, creating a dangerous situation on our roads.
At Thomas J. Henry Law, we understand the ins and outs of Austin personal injury law and can help pursue damages for pain and suffering, injury, property damage, lost wages, and more. We fight for our clients to ensure the negligent party responsible for the crash pays what is owed. We deal with the insurance companies for you, gather evidence, file lawsuits when necessary, hire the appropriate experts for your case, and fight for you in court.
If you or a loved one have been hurt in a wreck, contact our Austin car accident attorneys today for a free case review. Speak to one of our experienced attorneys and start your road to recovery.
Dangerous Highways and Intersections in Austin, Texas
As is common among large cities in Texas, the city of Austin and the surrounding area experience heavy traffic and congestion. The following highways and intersections are particularly dangerous due to the volume of vehicles traveling on these roads each day. When motorists drive irresponsibly in high-traffic areas, accidents and serious injuries occur.
- Interstate 35 (I-35), from US 290 to SH 71
- MoPac Expressway, from US 183 to S. Capital of Texas Highway
- N. Capital of Texas Highway (Loop 360), from Ranch to Market 2244 to US 290
- Intersection of East Riverside Drive and South Pleasant Valley Road
- Intersection of Lamar Boulevard and Parmer Lane
- Intersection of Butler Road and Lamar Boulevard
- Intersection of Riverside Drive and Willow Creek Drive
Remember that severe accidents in Austin can occur on any road, highway, expressway, or side street.
Common Causes of Car Crashes in Austin
Car accidents can have a number of causes, and a single crash may have multiple contributing factors. Most of these causes tie back to some type of negligent behavior, meaning the majority of Austin car crashes can be prevented as long as motorists are taking proper precautions and operating their vehicles in a reasonable manner. At Thomas J. Henry Law, our Austin personal injury attorneys work to investigate all facets of your accident to determine exactly how the crash occurred. We seek to demonstrate liability in a clear and concise manner in order to provide you with the best opportunity for maximum financial recovery.
Among the most common causes of car accidents we see in Austin are:
- Aggressive driving
- Driver inattention
- Distracted driving
- Driver fatigue
- Drunk driving
- Failure to adhere to traffic signals and signs
- Unsafe turns
- Unsafe lane changes
- Mechanical defects
Steps to Take After an Austin Car Accident
Car crashes can be disorienting and confusing, but there are a few important steps to take to protect your health and your potential injury claim.
- Immediately after a wreck, especially if you or someone else is injured, call 911 and ask for an ambulance.
- If a law enforcement officer arrives at the crash scene, be sure to give as many facts about the circumstances of the crash as possible.
- It is incredibly important to file an accident report after your accident. If an officer did not respond to the wreck, call soon after to file a crash report or police report.
- Seek medical attention as soon as you can, even if you do not feel immediate pain following the accident.
- Once the shock of the crash wears off, you may start to feel pain in places that you didn’t at the scene. Some car accident injuries have hidden symptoms, so it’s important to get a check-up from your primary care physician or at an urgent care medical facility.
- If possible, take pictures of the accident scene, including your vehicle, the other party’s vehicle, your injuries, and any other environmental factors that may have played a role in the wreck.
- Find an Austin car crash lawyer to give you legal advice.
Above all, the health of you and your loved ones is paramount. If you believe that you suffered an injury during the accident, seek out medical attention as soon as possible. After taking care of your well-being, contact an Austin car accident lawyer to discuss your case. At Thomas J. Henry, we provide free case reviews and our lawyers are available 24/7, nights and weekends to assist you.
Contact an Experienced Austin Auto Accident Attorney
Have you or a loved one been injured in a car crash in Austin? Our experienced car accident attorneys in Austin are available 24/7 to take your call and provide you with a free consultation. Thomas J. Henry has a track record of achieving real results for clients suffering from serious and debilitating car crash injuries and was selected as one of the 2021’s Best Car Accident Lawyers in Austin by Expertise.
Let our team of attorneys help you navigate the legal process while you focus on healing. Call today to speak with an attorney, or fill out the contact form on this page and we will contact you.
Our Austin, Texas Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone Number: (512) 520-0221 (attorneys available 24/7, nights and weekends)
- Address: 5707 Southwest Pkwy, Suite 125 Building 2, Austin, Texas 78735 (walk-in Monday through Friday)