Thousands of People are Injured in Car Accidents in Austin Every Year
In 2017, there were 78 deaths caused by auto accidents in Austin, Texas. More than 4,000 other people were injured, hundreds of which suffered serious injuries. Unfortunately, distracted driving, drunk driving, and reckless driving continue to be major problems on Texas roadways, putting everyone in danger.
At Thomas J. Henry Law, we understand the ins and outs of Austin’s personal injury law and can help pursue damages for pain and suffering, injury, property damage, lost wages, and more. We fight for our clients to ensure the negligent party responsible for the crash pays what is owed. We deal with the insurance companies for you, gather evidence, file lawsuits when necessary, hire the appropriate experts for your case, and fight for you in court.
If you or a loved one have been hurt in a wreck, contact our Austin car accident attorneys today for a free case review. Speak to one of our experienced attorneys and start your road to recovery.
Dangerous Highways and Intersections in Austin, Texas
As is common among large cities in Texas, the city of Austin and the surrounding area experience heavy traffic and congestion. The following highways and intersections are particularly dangerous due to the volume of vehicles traveling on these roads each day. When motorists drive irresponsibly in high-traffic areas, auto accidents and serious injuries occur.
- Interstate 35 (I-35), from US 290 to SH 71
- MoPac Expressway, from US 183 to S. Capital of Texas Highway
- N. Capital of Texas Highway (Loop 360), from Ranch to Market 2244 to US 290
- Intersection of East Riverside Drive and South Pleasant Valley Road
- Intersection of Lamar Boulevard and Parmer Lane
- Intersection of Butler Road and Lamar Boulevard
- Intersection of Riverside Drive and Willow Creek Drive
Remember that severe car accidents in Austin can occur on any road, highway, expressway, or side street.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Austin
Car accidents can have a number of causes, and a single crash may have multiple contributing factors. At Thomas J. Henry Law, our Austin personal injury attorneys will investigate all facets of your car accident to determine exactly how the crash occurred and how best to secure maximum compensation for your damages.
Among the most common causes of car accidents we see in Austin are:
- Aggressive driving
- Driver inattention
- Distracted driving
- Driver fatigue
- Drunk driving
- Failure to adhere to traffic signals and signs
- Unsafe turns
- Unsafe lane changes
- Mechanical defects
Steps to Take After an Austin Car Accident
Car accidents can be disorienting and confusing, but there are a few important steps to take to protect your health and your potential injury claim.
- Immediately after a wreck, especially if you or someone else is injured, call 911 and ask for an ambulance.
- If a law enforcement officer arrives at the crash scene, be sure to give as many facts about the circumstances of the crash as possible.
- Seek medical attention as soon as you can, even if you do not feel immediate pain following your car accident.
- If possible, take pictures of the accident scene, including your vehicle, the other party’s vehicle, your injuries, and any other environmental factors that may have played a role in the wreck.
- Gather contact information for any witnesses to the car accident.
- After taking care of your well-being, contact an Austin car accident lawyer to discuss your case.
Damages You Can Seek in a Car Accident Lawsuit
Auto accidents can result in a multitude of injuries of varying severity. As such, the damages you can claim will depend heavily on the unique circumstances surrounding your accident and your injuries. It is important to remember, however, that your damages are not limited to physical injuries or resulting from medical bills. You can recover additional economic damages such as income you have lost as a result of your crash as well as non-economic damages related to the pain you experienced as a result of your car accident.
That being said, some of the damages we see applied most in car accident lawsuits include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Cost of vehicle repairs
- Pain and suffering
- Future medical bills
- Loss of consortium
You may also be entitled to extra damages known as punitive damages. Unlike the economic and non-economic damages above, punitive damages are there to punish the at-fault party rather than make the injured party whole.
Again, this is not a comprehensive list by any means and the best way to determine what damages may be available to you is to consult with one of our Austin car accident lawyers.
Contact an Experienced Austin Auto Accident Attorney
Have you or a loved one been injured in a car crash? Our experienced Austin car accident lawyers are available 24/7 to take your call and provide you with a free consultation. Thomas J. Henry has a track record of achieving real results for clients suffering from serious and debilitating car accident injuries and was selected as one of the 2021’s Best Car Accident Lawyers in Austin by Expertise.
Let our attorneys navigate the legal process and deal with the insurance companies so you can focus on getting better. Call today to speak with an attorney or fill out the contact form on this page and we will contact you.
Our Austin, Texas Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone Number: (512) 520-0221 (attorneys available 24/7, nights and weekends)
- Address:4401 West Gate Blvd Suite 200, Austin, TX 78745 (walk-in Monday through Friday)