On This Page
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
The following are the most common injuries associated with motorcycle accidents:
- Head injuries (traumatic brain injuries)
- Neck injuries
- Spinal cord and back injuries
- Broken and/or fractured bones
- Road rash
- Eye injuries
If you or a loved one have been hurt in a motorcycle crash, you need a motorcycle accident attorney with the expertise and legal resources necessary to assist you in resolving your case. Contact Thomas J. Henry immediately if you were injured in a motorcycle accident due to the negligence of another motorist.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
The most common causes of motorcycle accidents are:
- Objects/items that obstruct the roadway
- Motorists not seeing the motorcycle
- Mechanical issues
- A defect in a motorcycle’s design or manufacturing can easily cause an accident; this could be the basis for a product liability case.
Most Dangerous Intersection in Houston
Determined by Click 2 Houston using data from the TxDOT, the following intersections have been determined to be the most dangerous in Houston:
- IH 45 + SL 8: 744
- IH 610 + UA 90: 731
- IH 69 + IH 610: 579
- IH 45 + IH 610: 461
- IH 610 + SS 261: 338
- IH 69 + SL 8: 335
- IH 10 + IH 610: 326
- SL 8 + US 290: 324
It is in your best interest as a motorcyclist to exercise caution when traveling through any of these intersections.
United States Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The following information regarding motorcycle accidents is provided by data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- 4,976 motorcyclists were killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes in 2015 — marking an increase of eight percent from 2014.
- Motorcyclists injured in crashes decreased in 2015, with an estimated 88,000 sustaining injuries in motor vehicle crashes compared to 92,000 in 2014.
- Although motorcycles only accounted for three percent of all registered vehicles in the United States in 2014, motorcyclist fatalities accounted for 14 percent of all traffic crash deaths.
- In 2015, one-third of all motorcycle riders that experienced fatal crashes had been speeding.
Contact an Experienced Houston Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Were you injured in a motorcycle accident in west Texas? Our Houston motorcycle accident lawyers are available 24/7 to assist you and provide you with a free legal consultation. Contact Thomas J. Henry Law today for more information about the services we provide to clients in Houston, Texas.
Our Houston Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: (713) 581-8623 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 777 Post Oak Blvd #800, Houston, Texas 77056 (walk-in Monday through Friday)