On This Page
HARMED BY A DANGEROUS SKIN OR HAIR MEDICATION?
Millions of people across the United States take prescription medications to help treat health conditions, ranging from heart disorders to depression. Many prescription drugs are available to help treat skin conditions and hair conditions, too. Unfortunately, some of these drugs have been deemed dangerous and may cause side effects worse than the condition that they treat.
Common side effects associated with skin and hair medication may include:
- Skin dryness
- Swelling of the skin
- Allergic reaction (hives, difficulty breathing, swelling)
HAIR AND SKIN PRODUCTS WITH SEVERE SIDE EFFECTS
Hair and skin medications that may cause serious side effects include:
- Accutane — An acne medication that was eventually pulled from the market after being linked to severe birth defects, miscarriages, infant deaths, and causing inflammatory bowel disease.
- Elidel and Protopic — These medications prescribed to treat eczema were given a black box warning by the FDA regarding their link to skin cancer and lymphoma
- Propecia — A drug used to treat male-pattern baldness and enlarged prostate, Propecia was linked to several male sexual dysfunctions, including erectile dysfunction and lower libido.
- Topical acne medications — Acne medications including the active ingredients benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid have been linked to serious and potentially life-threatening allergic reactions or severe irritation.
CONTACT AN EXPERIENCED DANGEROUS DRUG LAWYER
If you or a loved one were severely injured after using a skin or hair medication, you may be entitled to compensation. Our experienced pharmaceutical drug injury attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends to evaluate your claim. Thomas J. Henry has the legal and financial resources to develop your case properly and take on the pharmaceutical giants that put profit before your safety. Contact us today for a free legal consultation.