Thomas J. Henry Statement Regarding COVID-19
SAN ANTONIO, TX (March 17, 2020) – Thomas J. Henry Law has announced its plans to remain open 24 hours a day, seven days a week to serve their clients and to provide free consultations for those seeking legal representation during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The firm has also implemented stricter sanitation and workplace procedures to protect the safety and health of its employees and clients, and it has taken extra steps to ensure clients’ cases continue to progress towards resolution.
For those visiting Thomas J. Henry’s offices – the firm has enhanced its already strict sanitation procedures and is following the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC’s) guidelines for “routine environmental cleaning,” including, but not limited to, routinely cleaning and sanitizing all frequently touched surfaces in the workplace, such as lobby areas, conference rooms, workstations, countertops, and doorknobs, and nightly deep cleaning and sanitization of all areas in our offices.
The firm would also like to remind clients and injured persons that attorneys and staff are always available to communicate via phone or email should anyone have concerns about visiting one of the firm’s offices. Thomas J. Henry Law is equipped with robust technology and telecommunication systems which allow them to continue serve our clients who are unable to come into their offices.
Thomas J. Henry Law is also following the Supreme Court of Texas Order regarding the COVID-19 State of Disaster, which allows for participation in hearings, depositions, and other proceedings to occur remotely. The firm takes this order very seriously as it continues to represent their clients by aggressively working on their cases. It is important to note that the firm does not believe an unforeseen delay by the courts will prevent the resolution of clients’ cases in any way.
Thomas J. Henry Law will continue to closely monitor the situation and will provide updates should there be any changes to its response to COVID-19.
About Thomas J. Henry Law, PLLC
Thomas J. Henry Law is one of the nation’s leading personal injury firms. For over 25 years, the firm has fought to secure justice and compensation for individuals who have lost loved ones due to the negligence of others and to prevent similar instances of wrongful death from occurring again.
Founder Thomas J. Henry and his firm have been the recipients of numerous awards over the years.
In 2020, the firm was named one of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor for the second consecutive year. It was the only law firm to secure the accolade.
In 2019, Thomas J. Henry Law was recognized as one of the nation’s Premier Law Firms by Newsweek.com. That same year, Bloomberg Businessweek published a feature on Thomas J. Henry, highlighting his firm’s “clear commitment to client satisfaction.” Thomas J. Henry was also named the Best Attorney of San Antonio by the San Antonio Current.
In 2018, Thomas J. Henry was named a Distinguished Lawyer by Lawyers of Distinction and was also recognized as one of the Best Personal Injury Attorneys in the nation by Newsweek.com. In 2017, Thomas J. Henry achieved one of the 10 largest verdicts recorded in Texas for the year (awarded to Thomas J. Henry by Texas Lawyer, an ALM company) as well as the #1 Texas Car Accident, Bus Accident, and Negligent Supervision Verdicts for the year (awarded to Thomas J. Henry by TopVerdict.com).
Recent record-breaking verdicts include:
- $50 Million for a Trucking Accident Resulting in Wrongful Death (Expenses: $1,126,381 | Attorney’s Fees: $21,000,000 | Net to Client: $27,000,000)
- $35 Million for a Trucking Accident Resulting in Wrongful Death (Expenses: $100,000.00 | Attorney’s Fees: $12,750,000.00 | Net to Client: $22,150,000.00)
- $30.2 Million for an Accident Involving a Recalled Vehicle Resulting in Spinal Cord and Back Injuries (Expenses: $39,576.15 | Attorney’s Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57)
- $12.7 Million for a Medical Malpractice Resulting in Spinal Cord and Back Injuries (Expenses: $300.000.00 | Attorney’s Fees: $2,000,000.00 | Net to Client: $10.4 Million – Purchase of Lifetime Annuity)
- $10.9 Million for Medical Malpractice Resulting in Spinal Cord and Back Injuries (Expenses: $300,000.00 | Attorney’s Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 – Purchase of Lifetime Annuity)
- $10 Million for a Company Vehicle Accident Resulting in Spinal Cord and Back Injuries (Expenses: $125,000.00 | Attorney’s Fees: $4,250,000.00 | Net to Client: $5,625,000.00)
In 2016, Forbes Magazine named Thomas J. Henry a “Texas Leader in Law,” noting his ability to secure large financial awards, a positive reputation among professional peers, and a dedication to philanthropy at the local, national, and global levels.
Thomas J. Henry is also a lifetime member of both the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and of Rue Ratings’ “Best Attorneys of America.”
Outside of the courtroom, the firm is known for its many philanthropic endeavors and generous contributions to local and global communities.
The firm has an active philanthropy program which supports causes related to poverty, veterans, national disaster relief, education, animals, and the arts.