Birth Injury Lawyers Representing Clients Nationwide From Our Texas Offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin.
The birth of a child should be one of the most joyous occasions for a family. Unfortunately, when mistakes are made during this delicate process, the consequences can be devastating.
When an infant is harmed during the birthing process, injuries sustained can be permanent. Contact an experienced birth injury attorney.
Contact Us for a Free Case Review
Common Forms of Birth Injuries
- Hypoxia or Anoxia
- Perinatal Asphyxia
- Shoulder dystocia
- Brachial plexus
- Caput succedaneum
- Facial Paralysis
- Erb’s Palsy
- Klumpke’s Palsy
Common Causes of Birth Injuries
- Improper Use of Forceps
- Improper use of Vacuum
- Improper use of medications including Pitocin or Cytotec
- Other medication or dosing errors
- Failure to respond to fetal distress
- Failure to address umbilical cord issues
- Delay in ordering an emergency C-section
- Failure to diagnose maternal medical conditions
- Undiagnosed or untreated respiratory or blood chemistry issues in newborn
- Improper intubation in newborn
- Failure to recognize or treat elevated bilirubin levels can result in permanent harm
Birth Injury Help and When to Call an Attorney
If your child was injured or worse during birth, you may wish to bring a medical malpractice lawsuit against the doctor, medical staff, and hospital that mishandled the birth. Thomas J. Henry has handled birth injuries for more than 25 years and has helped many families get justice. Birth injuries can often be irreversible and the child may need medical assistance for the rest of their life. Do not try to go at it alone, call Thomas J. Henry. Our attorneys are available to speak to you day or night, weekends or holidays.