One person is dead and two others are injured as a result of a rollover crash in East Austin early Friday morning.
Details of the Fatal East Austin Crash
According to reports, the fatal crash occurred around 1:30 am on Johnny Morris Road near U.S. 290. At least three people were involved in the crash, one of whom was ejected from the vehicle and pronounced dead at the scene.
The two other people were transported to Dell Seton Medical Center with potentially serious injuries.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation. This is the 101st fatal crash to be recorded in Austin in 2021.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Contact an Experienced Austin Car Accident Lawyer
If you have been injured in a crash in or around Austin, call Thomas J. Henry Law for immediate representation. Thomas J. Henry Law has represented injured victims in Austin for more than 25 years and has built a reputation for securing record-breaking settlements and verdicts.
Thomas J. Henry Law offers free consultations to clients and is available 24/7, nights and weekends. Call now.
Our Austin, Texas Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone Number: (512) 520-0221(attorneys available 24/7, nights and weekends)
- Address:4401 West Gate Blvd Suite 200, Austin, TX 78745 (walk-in Monday through Friday)