A woman is dead and two others are injured following a hit-and-run in Fort Worth early Sunday morning.
Details of the Fatal Fort Worth Hit-and-Run
According to the Dallas Morning News, the crash happened just before 2:30 am along Interstate 20 near McCart Avenue and Crowley Road.
Reports indicate three females were walking on the right shoulder of the interstate after being involved in a crash. The three were struck by a car which immediately fled from the scene.
One of the women, Isabel Vasquez, 20, was pronounced dead at the scene. The other two victims were transported to the hospital. The names and ages of the survivors were not immediately available.
Anyone with information about the crash should contact Detective Carter at 817-392-4885. People can also make anonymous tips to Tarrant County Crime Stoppers at 817-469-8477.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Use sidewalks whenever they’re available. If there’s no sidewalk, walk on the left side of the road facing traffic.
- Always cross at intersections or marked crosswalks. Look left, then right, then left again before proceeding.
- Make eye contact with drivers before crossing the street. Never assume a driver sees you.
- Be visible. Wear something light or reflective after dark.
- Don’t be distracted by devices that take your eyes and ears off the road.
- As a passenger, get in or out of a vehicle on the curbside of the street.
Injured in a Car Accident? Call Thomas J. Henry Law Now
If you or a loved one has been struck and injured by a car or truck, call Thomas J. Henry Law for immediate representation. When a pedestrian is struck by a vehicle, the resulting injuries and damages can be catastrophic. Having an attorney who can help demonstrate and place value on those damages puts you in the best position to make a full financial recovery.
Our Dallas car accident lawyers are available 24/7, nights and weekends. Our law firm works on a contingency fee basis which means you pay us nothing unless and until we win your claim. Call now.