1 Dead and 2 Injured after Head-On Collision near Kingsville
One man was killed and a mother and her child were injured in a head-on collision 10 miles outside Kingsville along Highway 141.
About the Kingsville Head-On Collision
- According to the KII-TV, the accident occurred Thursday morning when motorist Desiree Perez, 26, attempted to pass a vehicle ahead of her.
- Investigators believe Perez underestimated her allotted clearance and collided head-on with Patriot Guard Rider Zack Stevens, 57, killing him.
- Perez and her son were haloed to nearby hospitals, Christus Spohn Hospital Memorial and Driscoll Children’s Hospital. Perez is currently in stable condition despite suffering several broken bones and other severe injuries; Javen is listed in good condition.
- Perez has been charged with unsafe passing and may face additional criminal charges. Investigators have stated that speed was a factor in the collision.
Fatal Traffic Accident Statistics
- According to data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the number of traffic fatalities rose 5.3 percent in 2012 to 34,080 – up from 32,367 in 2011.
- Texas recorded a 10.8 percent increase with 3,399 deaths being attributed to traffic accidents in 2012. 3,067 traffic related deaths were recorded in 2011.
- 1,099 of the traffic related fatalities recorded in Texas in 2012 were attributed to drunk driving.
Contact an Experienced Auto Accident Attorney
Thomas J. Henry is a personal injury law firm with offices in Corpus Christi, Texas, San Antonio, Texas and Houston, Texas representing accident victims nationwide.
Our attorneys are available to respond to auto accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition, or acquiring, of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. Remember, your choice does matter. Contact our offices– we are available 24/7, nights and weekends.