1 Killed, 1 Seriously Injured in Dallas Hit-and-Run
One person is dead and a second was seriously injured after a car struck two pedestrians before fleeing the scene.
Details of the Fatal Dallas Hit-and-Run
According to NBC-DFW, the crash occurred around 9:30 pm at the intersection of Forest Lane and Cromwell.
Police say a person was pushing a second person in a wheelchair when a car traveling eastbound on Forest hit the to individuals. The individual in the wheelchair was seriously injured, and the other pedestrian was dragged more than three blocks as the driver attempted to flee the scene.
The driver turned southbound on Marsh, where the dragged pedestrian was ultimately left for dead, and drove home to the Elan at Bluffview Apartments located at 3850 NW Highway.
The driver was arrested later and charged with accident causing death as well as accident causing serious bodily injury. His identity was not immediately available.
2020 Texas Traffic Accident Statistics
Despite the pandemic and reduced traffic, 2020 still proved to be a deadly year for Texas drivers. According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,896 people were killed in car crashes in Texas in 2020. A 7.54% increase from 2019.
- The fatality rate on Texas roadways increased a staggering 18.94% from 2019 to 2020
- 538 of those deaths were the result of head-on collisions.
- 865 people were killed in crashes that occurred at or near intersections.
- An additional 205,489 people were injured in traffic crashes in Texas in 2020 with 14,656 people suffering incapacitating injuries.
- Based on reportable data for 2020, TxDOT determined:
- One person was killed in a car crash in Texas every 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- A person was injured in a crash every 2 minutes and 34 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 1 minute and 7 seconds.
Hire an Experienced Dallas Car Accident Attorney
If you have been injured in a car crash or pedestrian accident in Dallas, call Thomas J. Henry Law for immediate assistance. Our law firm has represented clients across Texas for more than 25 years. We have the experience and resources to make sure your case is handled aggressively and effectively.
Our Dallas car accident lawyers are available 24/7, nights and weekends to assist you. Call now for your FREE Case Review.