10 Dead in Crash Near Falfurrias
Ten people are confirmed to be dead following a crash on U.S. Highway 281 near Encino, south of Falfurrias.
Details of the Deadly Falfurrias Accident
According to KRIS-TV, the fatal crash occurred on Highway 281 around 4:00 pm.
Police say a passenger van carrying 24 people was traveling too fast when it lost control at a curve and slammed into a utility pole. The vehicle then crashed into a stop sign.
The driver of the van and nine passengers were pronounced dead at the scene of the accident. Several others were injured in the crash and were transported to Spohn Shoreline Hospital for treatment.
The identities of those killed in the collision have not been released.
Crashes and Injuries Corpus Christi 2019 Stats (TxDot):
- Fatal Crashes: 35
- Fatalities: 37
- Suspected Serious Crashes: 98
- Suspected Serious Injuries: 120
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Injured in a Collision? Contact an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer in Corpus Christi
Were you injured in a motor vehicle collision in the state of Texas? Our auto accident lawyers in Corpus Christi are available 24/7 to help you and provide you with a free consultation. We will start work on your case right away, offering sound legal advice, speaking to the insurance companies on your behalf, gathering evidence for your case, and even helping with property damage and medical bills on qualified cases. We handle all negotiations, depositions, mediations, litigation, settlements, court appearances, and everything in between to ensure you get a fair settlement or outcome for your family. Contact Thomas J. Henry Law today for more information about the services we provide to clients in Corpus Christi, Texas.
Our Corpus Christi Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 361-254-7873 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 521 Starr Street, Corpus Christi, Texas 78401 (walk-in Monday through Friday)