2 Killed in Single Vehicle Crash in Mustang Ridge
Details of the Mustang Ridge Collision
According to KXAN, authorities were notified of the accident around 7:55 am. A caller noted that they had found Ford truck down an embankment near 10798 South US Highway 183.
Authorities responded to the scene where they found two dead men.
Authorities noted that the engine was cold, leading them to conclude that the crash likely happened late Thursday night or early Friday morning.
The incident remains under investigation.
Texas Traffic Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,531 traffic-related deaths were recorded in Texas in 2015, marking little change from the 3,536 deaths reported in 2014.
- Of the deaths recorded in 2105, 1,925 occurred in rural areas of the state and 1,255 were attributed to singe vehicle run-off-the-road accidents.
- An additional 246,335 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2015.
- Based on reportable crash data for 2015, TxDOT estimates:
- A person was killed in a traffic accident in Texas every 2 hours and 29 minutes.
- A person was injured every 2 minutes and 8 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 61 seconds.