2 People Rescued by EMS After Being Pinned in Austin Crash
Two people were rescued by first responders last Tuesday after they were pinned in their vehicles following a three-vehicle accident.
Details of the Austin Crash
On Tuesday, September 1, a serious crash in northwest Austin left two adults trapped inside their vehicles. The crash involved three different vehicles and was located near the 12800 block of North FM 620.
Emergency responders including the Austin-Travis County EMS and Austin Fire Department were first alerted to the scene at 1:35 p.m. The two adults who were trapped inside their vehicles were safely rescued by responders and transferred to St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center. Reports confirm that they had sustained possible serious injuries.
Another individual involved in the crash reportedly denied transport to a hospital.
Texas Motor Vehicle Crash Facts 2017
The information below was taken from the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 254,415 persons were injured in motor vehicle traffic crashes in 2017.
- In 2017, there were 1,046 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 28% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
- There were 553 people killed in head-on crashes in 2017.
- During 2017, more DUI – Alcohol crashes were reported in the hour between 2:00 am and 2:59 am than any other hour of the day. Also, more of these crashes occurred on Sunday than any other day of the week.
- In 2017, there were 451 people killed in crashes involving distracted driving. This is a 2% decrease from 2016.
- In 2017 there were 763 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2017.
Contact an Experienced Texas Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our experienced auto accident attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.