HEB, Garcia Foods, and J&J Sausage Co. have issued recalls affecting roughly 320,000 pounds of meat products. According to WFAA, the products are being recalled for “misbranding and undeclared allergens.”
HEB Meat Center Recall
- 83,000 pounds of pork products affected.
- Recall covers the following products:
- Random weight vacuum-packed clear packages containing “Pork Chorizo.”
- Random weight clear covered trays containing “HE Mi Comida Chorizo Pork Chorizo.”
- Random weight vacuum-packed clear packages containing “SEASONED MEXICAN STYLE PORK FOR CARNE AL PASTOR.”
J&B Sausage Co. Recall
- 46,000 pounds of chicken and beef products affected.
- Recalled products include:
- 5-lb. packages of fully cooked “Chefs-In-A-Bag CHICKEN TACO FILLING.”
- 1-lb. packages of HEB “FULLY COOKED Texas Style BEEF CHILI No Beans.”
- 1-lb. packages of HEB “FULLY COOKED Taqueria Style PICADILLO Seasoned Ground Beef with Potatoes, Onion, Tomatoes and Peppers.”
- 1-lb. packages of HEB “FULLY COOKED CARNE GUISADA Seasoned Beef in Gravy.”
- Products were produced between August 25 and December 15, 2014. Products may contain undeclared peanuts.
Garcia Foods, Inc. Recall
- 190,000 pounds of pork recalled.
- Products include:
- 12-oz vacuum-packed, raw pork sausage link pieces of “HILL COUNTRY FARE CHORIZO.”
- 8-oz vacuum-packed, raw pork sausage chubs of “HILL COUNTRY FARE CHORIZO.”