A three-year-old girl was injured Wednesday night after a car slammed into a San Antonio home, crashing into her room.
Details of the San Antonio Crash
According to KSAT, the crash occurred around 11:30 pm in the 600 block of Wyndale Street.
Police say the family was asleep when the car barreled through the front wall of the home and into the girl’s bedroom. The child and her bed were thrown about six feet from the impact.
The girl was found covered in dirt and debris; fortunately, her father says it appears she was spared serious injury. She was taken to the hospital following the incident.
The driver exited the vehicle and attempted to flee the scene on foot. Officers caught the man a few blocks away.
The driver is charged with driving while intoxicated.
Texas Drunk Driving Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths reported in 2016 were attributed to a head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 264,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Injured in a Drunk Driving Accident? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
If you or a loved one has been injured in a drunk driving accident, call Thomas J. Henry Law immediately. Our Austin car accident attorneys have represented clients throughout Texas for more than 25 years. We have the knowledge and resources to handle your claim successfully as you pursue maximum compensation for your injuries and damages.
Do not wait, our attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends to assist you. Call now for your FREE case consultation.