5 Things to Pack Before a Plane Ride During COVID-19
As we continue to deal with COVID-19 heck your luggage for these important travel items before you take a flight this year.
5 Travel Necessities During COVID-19
COVID-19 has made flying even more of a challenge. Now, you must remember to bring not only an extra pair of socks, but also a face covering and other safety equipment. To keep you safe and your worries minimal, check your luggage for the important items listed below before you set off to the airport.
- Face Coverings/Shields — Right now, all travelers are required to wear a face covering. Make sure your mask or face covering is your size and fits comfortably, as you will be wearing it your entire flight. Although a face shield is not required, it is a valuable option. If face shields seem too bulky, a pair of glasses can substitute for that additional barrier of protection.
- Gloves — Disposable gloves are easy to pack and keep you from direct contact with dirty surfaces. Make sure to replace the gloves you are wearing often during your trip.
- Hand Sanitizer — Even if you will be wearing gloves for a good portion of your trip, having a bottle of hand sanitizer at the ready is a good precaution. Use sanitizer when soap and sink are not available.
- Water Bottle — After going through security, purchase a bottle of water to keep you hydrated or carry a water bottle with you. Water bottles with straws work well for trips since you do not have to remove your mask to take a sip.
- Layers of Clothing — Wear extra layers or pack a blanket in your carry-on to stay warm during cool flights. Layers also protect your skin from direct contact with germs, and they are easy to shed and wash once you arrive at your destination.
About Thomas J. Henry Law, PLLC
Thomas J. Henry Law is one of the nation’s leading personal injury firms. For over 25 years, the firm has fought to secure justice and compensation for individuals who have lost loved ones due to the negligence of others and to prevent similar instances of wrongful death from occurring again.
Founder Thomas J. Henry and his firm have been the recipients of numerous awards over the years.
In 2020, the firm was named one of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor for the second consecutive year. It was the only law firm to secure the accolade.
In 2019, Thomas J. Henry Law was recognized as one of the nation’s Premier Law Firms by Newsweek.com. That same year, Bloomberg Businessweek published a feature on Thomas J. Henry, highlighting his firm’s “clear commitment to client satisfaction.” Thomas J. Henry was also named the Best Attorney of San Antonio by the San Antonio Current.
In 2018, Thomas J. Henry was named a Distinguished Lawyer by Lawyers of Distinction and was also recognized as one of the Best Personal Injury Attorneys in the nation by Newsweek.com. In 2017, Thomas J. Henry achieved one of the 10 largest verdicts recorded in Texas for the year (awarded to Thomas J. Henry by Texas Lawyer, an ALM company) as well as the #1 Texas Car Accident, Bus Accident, and Negligent Supervision Verdicts for the year (awarded to Thomas J. Henry by TopVerdict.com).
Recent record-breaking verdicts include:
- $67 Million for a Workplace Accident Resulting in Leg Amputation (Expenses: $250,000 | Attorney’s Fees: $3,570,000 | Net to Client: $4,680,000)
- $50 Million for a Trucking Accident Resulting in Wrongful Death (Expenses: $1,126,381 | Attorney’s Fees: $21,000,000 | Net to Client: $27,000,000)
- $35 Million for a Trucking Accident Resulting in Wrongful Death (Expenses: $100,000.00 | Attorney’s Fees: $12,750,000.00 | Net to Client: $22,150,000.00)
- $30.2 Million for an Accident Involving a Recalled Vehicle Resulting in Spinal Cord and Back Injuries (Expenses: $39,576.15 | Attorney’s Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57)
- $12.7 Million for a Medical Malpractice Resulting in Spinal Cord and Back Injuries (Expenses: $300.000.00 | Attorney’s Fees: $2,000,000.00 | Net to Client: $10.4 Million – Purchase of Lifetime Annuity)
- $10.9 Million for Medical Malpractice Resulting in Spinal Cord and Back Injuries (Expenses: $300,000.00 | Attorney’s Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 – Purchase of Lifetime Annuity)
- $10 Million for a Company Vehicle Accident Resulting in Spinal Cord and Back Injuries (Expenses: $125,000.00 | Attorney’s Fees: $4,250,000.00 | Net to Client: $5,625,000.00)
In 2016, Forbes Magazine named Thomas J. Henry a “Texas Leader in Law,” noting his ability to secure large financial awards, a positive reputation among professional peers, and a dedication to philanthropy at the local, national, and global levels.
Thomas J. Henry is also a lifetime member of both the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and of Rue Ratings’ “Best Attorneys of America.”
Outside of the courtroom, the firm is known for its many philanthropic endeavors and generous contributions to local and global communities.
The firm has an active philanthropy program which supports causes related to poverty, veterans, national disaster relief, education, animals, and the arts.
Thomas J. Henry is also a lifetime member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi Million Dollar Advocates Forum – the latter of which is recognized as one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States with less than 1% of U.S. lawyers listed as members. Mr. Henry has also been declared a Lifetime Charter member of Rue Ratings’ “Best Attorneys in America.”