At least one person was injured Saturday night as a result of a five-vehicle collision along the Dallas North Tollway.
Details of the Dallas Tollway Crash
According to NBC-DFW, the crash occurred around 8:30 pm as traffic slowed in the northbound lanes of the Dallas Tollway near Northaven Road.
A vehicle caught in the traffic backup was hit, setting off a chain-reaction crash that involved at least five vehicles. One of the vehicles caught fire.
One person was taken to the hospital in an unknown condition. Lanes remained closed until about 2:30 am Sunday.
Dallas Car Accident Statistics
- A total of 31,950 traffic accidents were recorded in Dallas in 2013.
- 194 of the crashes recorded were fatal, resulting in 202 deaths.
- Another 1,038 people suffered serious injuries, and 4,575 suffered non-incapacitation injuries.
- 12,103 people suffered possible injuries.
What Steps Should I Take After a Dallas Car Accident?
- Pullover and call the police. No matter how minor or significant the accident is, if your car is drivable, pull over to the side of the road to avoid additional collisions. It is illegal to flee an accident scene. Doing so will make the situation worse. Turn on your hazards and use road flares and reflectors if you have them. Call the police.
- Seek medical attention immediately for your injuries. Check to see if you or anyone else is injured. If so, get medical help first. You may not feel any apparent injuries or pain immediately following the crash, but symptoms can show up days or weeks later. Delaying medical care can not only put your long-term health at risk but hurt your potential accident claim.
- Record facts and take pictures. Gather information as much as possible about the accident. Take photos of any damage. Get the other driver’s name, address, license plate number, insurance, year, make, model, and vehicle registration. Be sure to get the names, addresses, and phone numbers of any witnesses too.
- Report the accident to your insurance. Contact your insurance company as soon as you can following a crash (most policies require an immediate accident report). Consulting your insurance will allow you to discuss your medical benefits and begin your claim. Keep a detailed log of any medical bills, updates, changes in health, and crash-related expenses.
- Contact an experienced accident attorney. A team of knowledgeable injury lawyers can assist you every step of the way. They will take immediate action on your case to preserve evidence, examine the existing case law, and find the best expert witnesses in the country on your behalf. Your lawyer will put you in the best position possible to achieve the compensation you deserve.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry Law. Our experienced car accident attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.